Saturday, February 22, 2014

Small sunday mittens

I've made these mittens once before, and loved the look and fit. Hoping to make the same pattern fit my grandmother's smaller hands, I've made these in DROPS Lace, which is a considerably thinner yarn. Let's hope that worked well... My gauge on the stockinette section is 50 stitches per 10 cm! That’s a new record. Ravelry link.

Beautiful cable and fan pattern, smooth stockinette with nice thumb shaping.
Below: how to block mittens without special tools: Nibble away at a big chocolate bar and wet block on that! Any excuse to eat chocolate is welcome (not that I need one). :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)