Monday, July 23, 2012

Maile baby jacket

This one was for a friend's baby girl. It didn't take long - baby clothes are usually nice that way. :) Nice easy lace pattern to keep my interest going.

The assemby method is tricky due to no bound off stitches under the arms - but I decided to use two circular needles (the same technique I use for small circumference projects, like sleeves or socks) and that made it all quite easy after all. Each needle went from the middle of one sleeve, across the front or back, to the middle of the other sleeve.

Yarn held double except all garter stitch borders (to make sure I didn’t run out of this particular painted pink-brown-white colourway, which is no longer made). The painted yarn looks kind of dirty when knitted on its own, but when mixed with the white yarn the balance was perfect.

I soon realised that this yarn combo would make the jacket larger than 3 months, which is just fine, babies grow so fast anyway. I just added a few cm of length to the body and sleeves before starting the raglan to keep the proportions right.

Details on my Ravelry page.

2 comments:

  1. Tusen takk for den. Hvilken str er det egentlig? Har glemt å spørre deg...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bare hyggelig! :) Oppskriften er egentlig for tre måneder, men pga garnkombinasjonen er den nok litt større enn det...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)