Saturday, January 22, 2011

Best wishes

Having a card making evening at someone else's house is something I really enjoy, despite the troublesome packing and unpacking of stash... ;) Being restricted to using only the stuff I've brought with me is both a challenge and a blessing. It limits my choices, which sometimes makes it easier to choose, but at the same time forces me to be more creative with the stuff I have. There's the social aspect as well - this is a wonderful way to enjoy your friends' way of working. There are always tips and tricks to learn!
-
The first thing I grab when packing is a few of my Basic Grey 6x6 paper pads. And I have loads of those... ;) That way I have lots of pattern papers in matching colours and it doesn't fill up my bag. Everything else is chosen to match those colours. I think most of the papers in this card came from the Pyrus stack. They have bold, graphic shapes and lend themselves easily to clean and simple cards. The sentiment stamp is from Penny Black of course! I wrapped the large ric rac ribbon with some twine and decided that would be it! Wait, no flowers? Or brads? Or lace? Not even a decorative little rub-on? Imagine that... And I still like it, that's the craziest thing. :P Going to check my temperature now. See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)