Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 22nd - Christmas porridge


Ok, this photo isn't exactly the most interesting one I've ever taken, but the tradition of christmas porridge is so important that I think it deserves some attention. At least I used a medium-length shutter time, so you can see her hand moving and a sort of spiral shape in the porridge. I have to admit I have a love for long shutter times...
-
I think there's a poinsetta punch available somewhere, but I don't have it myself. What I first did was to use my daisy punches, but I wasn't very pleased. But would you believe my luck - the very next day I found this Poinsetta flower tutorial! Off with the daisies, on with the poinsettas! And these really look like poinsettas too. All you need is two retro punches and a pair of scissors.
-
Again, you can see the Art Warehouse rub-ons, both on ("memories of childhood") and under ("time after time") the photo. Lots of papers and ribbons meeting in this corner... ;)
-
QK Frankie again! I just love the whimsy look of it, especially when next to a picture that triggers so many childhood memories...
-
Papers: Maja Design Gammaldags Jul: Julbord, Magnolia So Jolly: Wrapped Plaid, Magnolia Under the Mistletoe: Green Christmas Plaid, Fancy Pants Christmas Magic Notebook pages,
Embellishments: Kort og Godt ribbons, BossKut swirl, QK Frankie SkinniMini, Art Warehouse rub-ons, Retro punches, McGill branch punch
Other: Stickles Star Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)