Friday, July 17, 2009

Distracted

Well, it happened again. I found a sketch for a challenge and started, only to be distracted by the warm sun and good friends. I let challenge be challenge and went outside to have fun! And now the challenge is over... The sketch was found on Lily of the Valley - giving credit where it's due - and it made for a nice card, which is the important thing.
-
All edges have been distressed with a craft knife and chalk ink pads (rose coral and creamy brown). I tried to do it carefully as there are sooo many edges and the card has become quite busy. Prima bling and Glimmermist (old lace) to give the card a bit of shine. Vintage photo found online, papers from DCWV The Old World Stack. Large metal flower and all paper flowers from Kort & Godt - I'm so happy my strength failed and the brown flowers made their way into my basket moments before closing time... :)
-
I keep trying to get a grip on this vintage style, and this feels fairly right! I'm convinced it has something to do with the oval picture... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)