Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Warm felted slippers

After two years or so I've finally worn a hole in my felted slippers. Fortunately, it only took me one evening and two quiet shifts at work to make a new pair! I had hoped the variegated yarn would appear more even after the felting, but they're ok. One go in the washing machine in a 60 degrees Celcius one-hour cycle was enough this time.
These are just fabulous in the wintertime, or when eating breakfast outside on crisp cold spring mornings, or on chilly rainy summer evenings, or to stretch the outside season longer into the fall... It's a wonder they've lasted this long.

For size comparison, the new unfelted slipper, and my old worn-out one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)