Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kari 23 years

This has got to be my absolute favourite pattern paper! Magical Moments AmyLynn's Afghan by Daisy Bucket Designs. Girly, but classy. I've already bought two, but that's not going to last long...
-
The big stamp with wings is by Tim Holtz - it's actually two angels facing each other, but I've hidden much of it behind the sentiment stamp. I've embossed it with a light brown Distress embossing powder to make it stand out more. The Core'dinations Black Magic paper has been torn and sanded to reveal the brown core colour. Inside sentiment stamp by Penny Black, corner swirl by Cuttlebug, and of course all the Spellbinder nesties.
-
I've entered this card to the Stamp with Fun challenge #2 (brown and pink), and also to the ABC challenge "J is for jagged edges". And I just have to say it now, because this is all fairly new to me, that I really really really enjoy reading your comments! I started entering challenges just this last week or so, and I'm not used to getting so many comments. So every time I've checked my blog lately, I find myself blushing! Thank you all so much! And I intend to nose around in all your blogs too. It just might take me a little time. ;)
-
When I was done, I looked at it and suddenly felt like it had a certain western-style. I'm seriously considering redoing it in blue to give it a denim feel.

10 comments:

  1. Wow - stunning card! I love your beautiful papers and the little embellishments - and the inside is just as nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...beautiful card,love your take on our theme of pink and brown,thanks for joining us this week at SWF,
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love those papers, and the torn edges on the Core'dinations card looks fab!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the vintagey look!.........deanna

    www.girlsinthecraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. really wonderful card.It's fab. Thanks for take part.
    Hugs Mona (SWF-Team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, wonderful details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Eva, I love the soft colours and all the elements tie in so nicely together.
    Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job

    thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

    hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super, thanks for joining in the ABC fun this week. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fantastic!! really love the distress look about this project!! great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)