Saturday, March 14, 2009

Marianne 30 years

Notice a theme here? ;) I kept the colour scheme simple, not only because I like it, but because I'm pretty sure that Marianne would prefer it too. Most of the paper is Bazzill Bling in white and two shades of blue. It's a very simple gift really, but there's a lot of care put into it.
The long cylinder is a box of chocolate drops that are ment to be melted in hot milk to make a fantastic hot chocolate drink. The metal cylinder was actually very stylish in itself, but of course, I had to make a paper jacket to match the rest. The sentiment says "A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine".

Again, plain and simple, but the huge Bazzill flowers and gorgeous QK butterfly make such a statement on their own that the card doesn't need a lot of details.

"Enjoy life - eat chocolate!" The chocolate box is made from a Toffifee-box that I traced onto the last piece of my beautiful shiny butterfly-embossed paper. Mental note: buy more. The inside tray was nice and sturdy, so I just covered it in thin blue and white pattern paper. Because of the special occation I wanted to give something other than the Toffifee, so I made orange-flavoured chocolates with walnuts.
Before wrapping the present, I slit open the sides of a clearbag to make a long sheet of clear plastic, trimmed the length to fit and wrapped it around the tray, fixing it in place with the adhesive strip. It is one of those details that give that little extra, kind of professional feel to a project.
-
Update: I've added this butterfly set to the monthly challenge in Ett Trykk.

5 comments:

  1. *dåne*
    De var kanonfine, Eva! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så lekker serie med sommerfugler på!

    Takk for at du er med :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så lekkert dette var! Herlige farger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ååh, så nydelig! også så herlige farger du har brukt! Virkelig lekker samling der:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)